A bright pink breed of Zan with "ears" on its helmet that give it a heart shape, and back appendages that can fold out into wings when needed. Believed to have started out as a simple female Zan, the Aya was technologically and genetically modified to become more obviously female, but its looks never did quite satisfy either the species or the scientists.
There is also a human character in the games named Aya.
Its original name could be a reference to Syuri Kondo, a famous female Japanese wrestler, or short for shuriken, a weapon also known as the ninja throwing star.
Later named Aya, a Japanese word meaning "art" or "beauty."
|Monster Rancher 4||Aya||"She was created as a female version of the original Zan, but the process didn't go very well (her looks were the problem). They finally settled on this version."|
|Monster Rancher EVO||Aya||"She was created as a female version of the original Zan, but the process didn't go very well (her looks were the problem). They finally settled on this version."|
|Monster Rancher Advance||Syuri||N/A|
|Monster Rancher Advance 2||Shuri||N/A|
|Monster Farm DS||Aya|
|Monster Rancher DS||Aya||"Created as a female counterpart to the original Zan, Aya didn't turn out as planned during development. It seems to have adjusted though, and is now doing just fine."|
|My Monster Rancher||Aya||"Its body is dark pink and it has two distinctive ears on its head. It tends to be selfish and capricious with little interest in strengthening its abilities as a fighting machine."|
- To obtain an Aya in Monster Rancher 4, use the PS2 game Mortal Kombat: Deception, the DVD Atlantis 2: Milo's Return (Widescreen), or the PSX game Fighter Maker.
- To obtain an Aya in Monster Rancher EVO, use either the DVDs The Santa Clause 2 (Widescreen), Megaman: Battle For The Future (Disc 2), or the PS2 game NFL Street.
- To obtain a Syuri in Monster Rancher Advance, use the passwords Eat or SHADOW.
- To obtain a Shuri in Monster Rancher Advance 2, use the passwords STARTREF or 7A+D.
- To obtain an Aya in Monster Farm DS, use
- To obtain an Aya in Monster Rancher DS, use
- To obtain an Aya in My Monster Rancher, use